Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Back to Birding

The other week, we drove one and a half hours to Corkscrew Swamp Preserve, one of my favorite birding spots. That's a long drive and we didn't see much of anything on the entire two mile or so boardwalk through the swamp. Something about how the water was too high. However,  just as we were about to finish the walk, four red-shouldered hawks began swooping and circling over our heads, calling and calling. It was a fantastic sight. Worth the drive.



When Birding, you never know what you'll see!


On the other hand, sometimes, you don't see what's there...




Went birding the other day, didn't see anything


I find birds a source of delight and humor. One of my favorite birds, among many, is the Mockingbird. I love all the different calls that they make. My particular favorite is what I think is a seagull call. You never know what you'll hear.




No comments:

Post a Comment